KMF 10km Trail Run
Sat 20th November 2021 11am
Your chance to take part in a Trail Run as part of the Kendal Mountain Festival.
A trail run of 10km’s around Kendal, taking in the landmarks that many of the locals use for their training. A classic trail run, strewn with natural obstacles – no haybales or mudbaths here – just lots of great ascents, jaw dropping vistas, some hard packed and grassy trails and a great town centre finish.
– Electronic Timing
– Fully waymarked route
– Race number
– Water station at approx. 6km
– Prizes for 1st / 2nd / 3rd Male & Female
– Course records currently stand at – MALE- Tom Addison 37:23 (2014)
FEMALE -Sarah McCormack 42:16 (2017)
– Prizes for 1st Male & Female over 40, 50, 60 and 70.
For more Festival info and tickets visit: www.kendalmountainfestival.com
A town centre start and finish. The route heads out of town taking in the Tour of Britain finish climb up Beast Banks (on the black stuff) before heading out off road on to Scout Scar. A sharp turn right along the escarpment will give some amazing views across the Lyth Valley. The run along the escarpment is punctuated by crossing Underbarrow Road – here we will have a drinks station. The run then heads back across the golf course and descending the steep streets in to the back of Kendal.
View Start List here
EOD – If you would like to enter on the day – please download an Entry form KMF Trail Race, complete it and bring along to registration.
Run start: 11.00am
Price: £16 (online entries close at 14:00 on Friday 19th)
Entries On the Day: £23 (payment by card, no cash) 09:00-09.30 only (entries will be available on the day but to save time and some money why not pre enter online now).
Please note the prices stated in the KMF Programme are incorrect.
Please note due to landowner restrictions no dogs are permitted on this event.
Need to be 18 or over to take part.
Pre entered: collect your number from 09:00 to 10.15 on Saturday at registration located at 22 Highgate – the shop unit between Tesco Express and The Old Fleece Inn (right by the start/finish line).
KMF10K Trail Run 2021 email update
Some final details about the trail run this coming Saturday 20th November..
- NEW LOCATION – You will find our registration team at 22 Highgate, the shop unit between Tesco Express and The Old Fleece Inn right near the start/finish line.
- Every runner needs to register – you will be given your race number and some safety pins
- Please fill in medical details on the back of your race number
- Registration opens at 9am and will close at 10.15am. Please do not leave it to the last minute to register as there is likely to be a long queue.
- There will be entries on the day – but it will cost more. If you have friends or family who want aplace advise them to go to https://www.openadventure.com/kmf/ the deadline for this is Friday 19th November @ 2.00pm.
- Please make a note of your race number before getting to the registration desk. A list of race numbers will be displayed in the registration venue and will be on our website from Friday.
- If you have any questions about the event, please do not ask the registration staff as they will be a little pre-occupied trying to register 800+ runners. There will be a marshal available at the venue who can answer your questions.
- Masks must be worn when you are indoors registering (please note we do not accept a Buff / headtube type face covering as a facemask please bring a proper mask)
- Time indoors should be strictly minimised
- If you have any symptoms which might indicate COVID19 infection (including but not limited to, temperature, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell) you must not attend the event. A negative lateral flow test is not sufficient evidence that you do not have COVID
- Please be aware that when coming to register you may be asked to wait outside to keep the number of people inside to a minimum. It is likely to be cold and wet, wear appropriate clothing. When in close proximaty to others, out of respect please put on your mask.
- When collecting bags after the event this will be at the front door of the shop unit, you will not be allowed back inside.
- Your run time will be recorded using RFID timing as you cross the finish line. If you lose your number you do not get a time. As someone once said.. its not magic.
- Do not FOLD your number as your timing tag is attached to the back
- Your number must be affixed to your front horizontally.
- Please wait until AFTER you cross the line to stop your watch – putting your arms across the race number can cause problems in recording your time.
- Its a mass start so your start time regardless of when you actually crossed the line will be 11.00am
- After the race you can recycle your number in one of the bins provided. If you have a bag to collect you will need your number to identify you. The number can then be dropped into one of the recycling bins in the bag drop area.
Start & Event Briefing:
- The trail run starts at 11am prompt from the town centre at the Birdcage found at the top of Finkle Street, junction of Highgate/Stricklandgate.
- A short briefing will take place at 10.50am on the start line – please be there.
- You can leave any kit/bags with us while you are running. Please leave at the ‘Bag Drop’ at registration. A marshal will remain with the bags for security whilst you run. Please do not leave kit anywhere else.
- You must collect your bags as soon as you have finished the race. Bags will be collected from the front door of the registration venue, you will not be allowed back into the building, the marshals will hand your bag to you on production of your race number – Bag collection closes at 2.00pm.
- All kit must be in a bag that can be closed e.g. rucksack, drawstring shoe bag, zipped bag etc. Do not leave anything in loose mesh side pockets.
- A label with your name and race number must be attached to the bag – there will be labels at registration if you have not been able to do this in advance.
- You can only retrieve your bag on production of your race number. Once you have collected your bag you can recycle your race number in the bin provided.
- Please note there will not be water available at the finish. If you need water have a water bottle handy with your bag or with friends or family.
- The nearest toilets are in the Westmorland Shopping Centre and downstairs in Booths supermarket.
- The route is actually over 10k – its actually closer to 11k. This has come about due to slight route amendments around the racecourse and on the golf course
- The route is a mixture of tarmac, grass, gravel and cobbles. Please wear appropriate running shoes to suit this terrain (trail shoes advised).
- The course will be fully signed with green arrows on a black background.
- There will be a lead car – provided by Kendal Mountain Rescue Team – from the start to the Bradleyfield Farm gates off Brigsteer Road. Please do not overtake the lead vehicle. You must run on the left hand side of any roads. With the exception of the start/finish area and All Hallows Lane onto Beast Banks – all roads are open to traffic. Police/PCSO’s will be in attendance at the first two major road crossings. On the return to town, marshals will be present – they cannot stop traffic, so please ensure it is safe before crossing.
- After the water station at Scouts Scar car park we have permission to remove the kissing gate to reduce the bottle neck. Please be aware that removal of the gate will leave the metal hinges sticking out. These will be padded and covered with red and white tape but you must take care as you run through.
- There will be prizes from Adidas awarded to the 1st 2nd and 3rd male & female runners and also the 1st of each 40, 50, 60, 70 vet category. If you think you are first finisher in one of the categories and we have not picked this up please come and find us with your race number and let us know.
- Prize giving will be at the finish shortly after the first 3 men & women have finished.
- adidas will also be handing out Tribe bars and an OS Kendal 10K Finishers Map
Any further questions please get in touch via the contact page on our website
Remember to enjoy the views on the day.
James and the team at Open Adventure.