The adidas TERREX 5 Mile Trail Run 2012
Your chance to take part in a first! Our Olympic heroes - Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee will start the race.
A trail run of 5 miles around Kendal, taking in the landmarks that many of the locals use for their training. Expect to be off path, off road and occasionally putting your hands out. By no means is this an obstacle course, we are happy to leave the straw bales and slippery walls to those parts of the country that don't have the landscape to challenge the runner.. eyes out, ears tucked back and expect a run you won't forget!
For more Festival info and tickets visit: www.mountainfest.co.uk
For adidas outdoor gear info: www.adidas.co.uk/outdoor
Great adidas GOODY BAGS for all finishers!
Saturday 17th November 2012
Collect your number from 09:00 to 10.30 on Saturday at the KMF stand at the Adventure Sports Village (Kendal dojo).
Update [Fri 16th]
Just a day away from the adidas TERREX 5 Mile Trail Run - so a few bits of pre-race information for you:
- Event Parking - If possible, please arrive by foot or public transport. Parking for cars may be limited, but spaces are available at Kirkbie Kendal School (Lound Road entrance) and the Leisure Centre (Burton Road).
- Registration - please collect your race numbers / electronic timing / goody bag from the adidas stand at the Dojo (off Parkside Road) between 9-10.30am.
- Toilets - at Kirkbie Kendal School and in the Dojo.
- Timing - We are using the Sportident system for timing this event. Timing chips will be attached at registration using a tyrek strap to your wrist.
- Pre-Race Warm Up - an organised warm-up session on the astro turf pitch alongside the Dojo at 10.30am.
- Race Briefing - 10.50am at the start line
- Start - 11am on the canal tow path near the Dojo.
- Course - 5 and a bit miles of mainly off road trails. Conditions are very muddy, so shoes with a decent 'grippy' sole are recommended.
- Finish - located approx. 1/2 mile from the start. It will be on a field at the rear of the Heron Pub, Esthwaite Avenue, Kendal. Spectators are welcome to come along to the finish to cheer you on - parking nearby. If you can't get a lift from the finish, a route back to the Dojo will be marked out for you to follow - use it as your warm-down run!
- Entries on the Day - we will be accepting entries up to 10.30am on Saturday. So if you have any mates who want to enter, they can do so at the Dojo, Friday night or Saturday morning.
- Don't forget - the Brownlee Brothers will be starting the race - so don't be late!